The key tasks of the youth services of the Regional State Administrative Agency include supporting young people's growth and independence, promoting active citizenship, social empowerment as well as assessing and developing growth and living conditions at a regional level.
The tasks of the youth services include, for example:
- discretionary state grants for youth services, statements as well as guidance and counselling for applicants;
- regional coordination of children and youth policy (LANUKE);
- development of workshop activities for young people;
- development of hobby activities for children and youth;
- regional development and local support for multisectoral cooperation between the authorities, outreach youth work, young people's information and counselling services, participation schemes for children and youth as well as online youth work; and
- international cooperation in youth services.